Women are eager to stitching clothes and they can earn money from sewing business. They become an entrepreneur through this. A man also contributes in the stitching business. Sewing machine is boon for those people. The sewing material is nothing but stitch material together with thread. There is much process to sew a cloth. It consist different types of stitches such as cross stitch, blind stitch, chain stitch and peyote stitch. Early days stitching process is difficult task because it’s done by the hands.
During technology revolution sewing machine has invented. First sewing machine designed for stitching leather and canvas material. Sewing machine creates a great impact in the society especially textile industry. The sewing machine allows a cloth to become a huge production item in the market. When sewing machine becomes electric, it makes great sensational in the society. It likes hand power modal which one is faster and easy to complete the work. Sewing machine is a back bone of thread industry and metal industry.
It becomes a first household purchasing item. This makes textile industry is one of the industry revolutions. It has two economic impacts. One is women can sew clothes for their families. Another one is people can buy clothes with cheap and best. Industrial sewing machine and Home sewing machine differs from each other. Industrial machine can sew chain stitch or zigzag stitch than lock stitch. The basic part of the sewing machine is bit or frame which makes by the iron. Home sewing machine has less weight than industrial machine.
Features of Sewing machine
Many industry produce sewing machine in spite of the best one is Janome Sewing machine. It can produce quality machine which use good raw materials and components. It is one of the Japanese companies. It has light weight and affordable compare to others. The bobbin case of Janome Sewing machine consists of different colors. It has different types of sewing machine such as Horizon memory craft, skyline and memory craft. Each type has different features. For example, Horizon memory craft has an automatic thread tension, adjustable hoop positioning option and adjustable speed option. Skyline has many versions such as skyline s3, s9, s5.
Janome sewing machine is available in low price with best quality. It consists of bobbins, a set of needles and a screwdriver. It can stitch thick material and durable machine which is easy to keep any places. One of the Janome sewing machines has no foot pedal and it has started and stop button which called as Janome7330 sewing machine. Plastic thread can use in this machine easily. This machine has automatic feature such as automatic thread cutter and automatic needle threader. It has hundred types of stitches includes letters and symbols though it has better speed control.
It provides carrier opportunity for women. Through this many sewing shops are open and it does not need any educational qualification. If you have interest to stitch, Janome sewing machine helps you. It gives an idea how to design a cloth and improves your creativity
Singer is one of the best brand that specially manufacturing different models of sewing machines. It manufacturing numerous models of sewing machines and supplying to large textile industries for producing large number of clothing materials. Singer is having a big history in sewing machines manufacturing.
History of Singer Corporation:
- Singer Corporation is a manufacturer of sewing machines headquartered in La Vergne, Tennessee, USA.
- Initially established in 1851 and named as “I. M. Singer & Co.” by Isaac Merritt Singer with the help of New York Lawyer Edward Clark and later on 1865 they changed the name as “Singer Manufacturing Company” and again in 1963 it changed the name as “The Singer Company”.
- On 1863 in Elizabeth, New Jersey the founders plant a big factory to produce huge clothing materials.
- Initially Singer Corporation manufactured a domestic sewing machine basic models which was created by Elias Howe and he won patent-infringement suit on 1854 that was against Singer.
- In Later years it got more patents in sewing machines manufacturing for both domestic and industrial usage machineries.
- It also manufactures the machineries for the leather textile industries and achieves the success in it.
- On 1855, Singer started to sell the different models of sewing machineries in international level and won a reward at Paris World’s Fair.
- On 1885, Singer showed the demo of first electrical sewing machine at “Philadelphia Electric Exhibition”.
- On 1910, Singer initiated to manufacture large number of domestic electric sewing machineries and achieves a great success in selling it in the international market and also innovated installment payment plans for sewing machineries to the large number of buyers.
- In 21st Century, The Singer Corporation becomes a subsidiary of SVP Worldwide and also it buys other brands of Pfaff and Husqvarna Viking.
- Singer has huge competition in sewing machine manufacturing and its close competitors are Brother Industries, Janome, Aisin Seiki, E&R Classic Sewing Machines, Necchi and Juki.
Features of Singer Sewing Machines:
- Singer is manufacturing various models of sewing machines which are used for both industrial and domestic usages of sewing.
- It has more features and options to operate easily by the user.
- In textile industries it plays a big role in huge production of clothing.
- It is available in the intentional market for small and large scale production.
- It manufactures a good quality of machineries that gives more production as per the user requirement.
- Electrical sewing machines are manufactured with great accuracy for effective sewing without any interruptions.
- Manual sewing machineries are manufactured in different models for different users that are good in user friendly work in sewing.
- It is manufacturing embroidery sewing machineries to print the colorful and special effect designs with clarity in fabrics with the help of embroidery designer and experts.
- All the machineries should be user friendly to handle by the user very easily and also it gives more production in garment and textile industries.
- Automatic electronic sewing machineries should have the potential sewing of different fabric materials. It must have program settings, LCD/LED display, touch screen, electric foot pedaling, less power consumption, large number of design loading option in embroidery machines.
Embroidery machines are used both in large industries and also in individual houses for different process of embroidery stitching. Embroidery was done on different clothing like dresses, curtains, bed spreads, craft works and in all types of artworks in different fabrics. Embroidery machines are of different types
- Free-motion machine embroidery: It is basic model of embroidery machines that runs with the help of embroiderer. Embroiderer should have the knowledge of embroidery design patterns to develop the various embroidery designs manually with the help of machine settings. The designs are formed using the concept of basic zigzag sewing machine.
- Computerized machine embroidery: Before this type of machinery introduction the embroidery was done on the concept of paper punching embroidery designs and later computers become familiar in 1980 Wilcom invented first computer graphics embroidery design system that runs with the help of minicomputer and later lot of latest technologies are used to develop the various embroidery designs in textile industries. Computerized machine embroidery is used in large industries for creating more embroidery designs with the help of embroidery designers to get more patterns for printing it in various fabrics to make the clothing with beautiful embroidery designs. It has different process
- Design Files: Using various embroidery software, the embroiderer can create different design patterns for printing in the fabrics. These designs are saved in the files for the future purpose of design editing and printing.
- Editing Designs: If the designs created in the first step was had any mistakes, the expert embroiderer can edit and make it more effective for printing process.
- Loading Designs: After the editing process final design was approved and get ready to load in the embroidery machine for printing in fabrics.
- Stabilizing Fabrics: After loading designs in machines then they have to stabilize the fabrics to embroider the design in it. This stabilizing process is done to make the fabrics without wrinkles while printing the embroidery designs.
- Embroidering Process: After all the above process finally the embroidery machine will start to monitor the designs to get ready for the print. Embroidery designs require more colors and special effects to print in the fabrics in a good quality. After loading colors and effects in the machine settings it gets print in the fabrics.
Good Qualities of Embroidery Machines:
- Embroidery machine should have advanced technologies and features to print the good designs in fabrics.
- The machineries have latest technology to print the trendy designs in fabrics.
- Special effects and more colors have to load in the machines for colorful embroidery designs.
- Easy to use the machineries and easy to learn about the features of machines. It should have more setting options to get more embroidery designs with special effects.
- More flexible and user friendly while using.
- Must have long time life because while using in large industries the quality of the machine have to be long term.
- The machines should be easily and smoothly deal with the varieties of fabrics in the industries.
Sewing machinery are playing an important role in every sewing process that helps the tailors in every aspect in tailoring. These machines do the process of stitching different fabrics together using needles and threads to make the best clothing and dresses for different users around the world. It is not only used to stitch dresses alone and also used to stitch curtains, bed spreads, pillow covers, screens, embroidery, craftworks and even small stitching process.
Sewing machine was invented by the Englishman Thomas Saint on 1790, after introduction of these machineries the productivity goes up and later it was updated by using latest technologies and now in 2017 different models of sewing machineries is available in the market for the different types of sewing process like embroidery sewing machines, industrial sewing machines (which is used in large industries for increasing productivity of clothing), domestic sewing machines in different models. Let us have brief look at this type of sewing machines.
Types of Sewing Machineries:
Sewing machines are used in different places for various purposes and it is used both in large industries and in a small house. Based on this usage different sewing machineries are available in the market in various prices. So, the user can purchase these machines based on their requirements and usage. Mainly it is categorized as
- Industrial Sewing Machines:
Industrial sewing machines are used in large industries for large number of production in clothing and it is classified into four types
- Flat Bed – Used to stitch flat pieces of fabrics.
- Post Bed – Used to attach boots, gloves and emblems.
- Off the Arm – Used to sewing shoulder and sleeves in the fabrics.
- Cylinder Bed – Used to sewing cylindrical pieces of clothes like cuffs.
- Domestic Sewing Machines:
Domestic sewing machines are used by housewives for small purpose of sewing processes. These are classified into four types
- Manual Sewing Machine – Basic type of sewing machine which runs with the help human power and the electric power is not needed for this type of machine.
- Electronic Sewing Machine – It runs with the help of both electric power and manpower and it has electronic pedal too.
- Over Locker Sewing Machine – It has automatic functions in sewing process and it does not require more manpower like other types.
- Computerized Sewing Machine – It runs with the help of computer programming and it is more advanced in sewing different types of fabrics without human interruption. It has LED/LCD display or touch screen, it can handle difficult stitches too.
Characteristics of Best Sewing Machines:
- Work Spacious: Sewing machinery should consume less space which is convenient for tailor.
- Easy to Learn: The machinery features should be easily learned and understand by the user.
- Quality of Stitching: The stitches of the machinery should be in good quality.
- Quietness: The machinery does not make noise while running.
- Lighting: The machinery should come with good quality of lighting facility.
- Quality of Embroidery: The embroidery done by the machinery should have good quality and clarity in the clothing.
These are the characteristics of best sewing machineries.