Sewing machinery are playing an important role in every sewing process that helps the tailors in every aspect in tailoring. These machines do the process of stitching different fabrics together using needles and threads to make the best clothing and dresses for different users around the world. It is not only used to stitch dresses alone and also used to stitch curtains, bed spreads, pillow covers, screens, embroidery, craftworks and even small stitching process.
Sewing machine was invented by the Englishman Thomas Saint on 1790, after introduction of these machineries the productivity goes up and later it was updated by using latest technologies and now in 2017 different models of sewing machineries is available in the market for the different types of sewing process like embroidery sewing machines, industrial sewing machines (which is used in large industries for increasing productivity of clothing), domestic sewing machines in different models. Let us have brief look at this type of sewing machines.
Types of Sewing Machineries:
Sewing machines are used in different places for various purposes and it is used both in large industries and in a small house. Based on this usage different sewing machineries are available in the market in various prices. So, the user can purchase these machines based on their requirements and usage. Mainly it is categorized as
- Industrial Sewing Machines:
Industrial sewing machines are used in large industries for large number of production in clothing and it is classified into four types
- Flat Bed – Used to stitch flat pieces of fabrics.
- Post Bed – Used to attach boots, gloves and emblems.
- Off the Arm – Used to sewing shoulder and sleeves in the fabrics.
- Cylinder Bed – Used to sewing cylindrical pieces of clothes like cuffs.
- Domestic Sewing Machines:
Domestic sewing machines are used by housewives for small purpose of sewing processes. These are classified into four types
- Manual Sewing Machine – Basic type of sewing machine which runs with the help human power and the electric power is not needed for this type of machine.
- Electronic Sewing Machine – It runs with the help of both electric power and manpower and it has electronic pedal too.
- Over Locker Sewing Machine – It has automatic functions in sewing process and it does not require more manpower like other types.
- Computerized Sewing Machine – It runs with the help of computer programming and it is more advanced in sewing different types of fabrics without human interruption. It has LED/LCD display or touch screen, it can handle difficult stitches too.
Characteristics of Best Sewing Machines:
- Work Spacious: Sewing machinery should consume less space which is convenient for tailor.
- Easy to Learn: The machinery features should be easily learned and understand by the user.
- Quality of Stitching: The stitches of the machinery should be in good quality.
- Quietness: The machinery does not make noise while running.
- Lighting: The machinery should come with good quality of lighting facility.
- Quality of Embroidery: The embroidery done by the machinery should have good quality and clarity in the clothing.
These are the characteristics of best sewing machineries.